Wednesday, September 26, 2007

A message from Abbie


Dear Bloomington friends!

It has been far too long since I've been in touch. As Ghost Stories season is upon us, I think of you more and more. I hope you're all having a good time in Bloomington.

I am having a blast being a librarian--and also being a storyteller. I finally joined the Portland Storytellers Guild in June, right before they went on hiatus for the summer; but now we're starting up again, and we're having some fun. I just got back from a "Stories by the Sea" festival in Newport, OR (paid for by my library district!), with Elizabeth Ellis as one of the three headliners! Woo-hoo! It was a very cozy festival, and Miz Elizabeth is a delight. I wonder if she ever gets tired of being the engine of conversation, since all anyone ever wants to do is listen to her talk...
I'm pretty much the only storyteller in the district, but there is a lot of interest; I just did a storytelling workshop at our all-staff conference that people crowded into, and I got some really positive feedback afterwards. ...
Your very own,
Abbie

No comments: